poniedziałek, 29 października 2012

Check Spelling and Grammar


Check Spelling and Grammar

When building a brand as an author, nothing is more painful than faulty grammar or spelling. Style is something to debate and a way to distinguish yourself from other writers. But spelling and grammar have to be in place for you not to lose yours. If, like me, you are not absolutely sure how a specific word is spellt then get a spell checker. I am taking applications for real life spell checkers, too:


I am relying on Microsoft Word and Thesaurus to keep me out of trouble. My spelling mistakes are often those made by writing in haste. Even a spell checker can't catch them all: I therefore try not to publish anything immediately so as to be able to read it with fresh eyes the next day. I don't have to tell you how often I catch my own mistakes with that system.


Grammar is another thing altogether, at least in my case. My knowledge of grammar is adequate, but I grew up speaking German. Time and again, Thesaurus catches my German constructions. You would probably be in stitches if you saw these sentences. I sometimes am when comparing before and after.
Consistent and correct writing is an essential part of establishing a relevant brand. Spending more time on your articles for the sake of consistently correct spelling and correctly applied grammar is no waste of time, but simply a must.




http://stutenzeecandyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

1 komentarz:

  1. I would appreciate if you would link my texts to my blogs; proszę połączyć moje teksty do moich blogów: http://stutenzeewriting.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/check-spelling-and-grammar.html

    OdpowiedzUsuń